I seriously laughed out loud at some of them. I just had to put some of mine down too...
Here's who I was in high school:
-A choir/drama nerd- I did every play and musical there was offered all 4 years. This year I played Cinderella in Into the Woods and M'Lynn ( Sally Fields character) in Steel Magnolias.
-I worked as a Veterinary Technician
-I was the founding member of the "Trinity"... a circle of 3 chosen Altos. (lame I know, but can you believe they STILL have the tradition?)
-I was madly in love with, my now husband, Rich.
-I drove a black '91 Toyota Celica, then it died. Then got a '01 Hyundai Elantra that Rich still drives today!
-Somehow... I was voted Prom Queen. ( I still try to figure this one out!)
-My favorite classes were Drama and Stagecraft--Ms. Hanlen, Choir--Mr. Roberts, College English--Ms. Holland, and believe it or not- Trigonometry-- with Mr. Dilsaver.
-My close friends were: Kimberly Langston Gaisford ( my sis in law), Amelia Edwards Davidson, Lucy Barnett, Ashley Fears, Tiffany Hicks Ross, Eric Barrett.
-Music I listened to: Alanis Morrisette, Bush, Newsboys, Mariah Carey, Allison Krauss-- I had eclectic taste
-Movies I loved: Lord of the Rings, Chicago, Spiderman
-Gas was $1.61
The best times were:
-Play practice and all the inside jokes that we aquired over the years. I look back and don't remember what they meant except for the hours of laughter they produced.
-I met some amazing people that year... new faces that came into my life that I made some great friendships and saw them as such great people. Carrie and P!!
It was exciting and sad all together... something about leaving brings everyone to a new reality and kindness for one another.
I loved high school... it was some of the best times of my life.
I forgot you were voted prom queen! I'm pretty sure I had a non-creepy girl crush on you.
ReplyDeleteThere was a bittersweet-ness to high school senior year, huh?
I hope that we have started a trend!