Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God, You're a Rockstar!

We had a great 4th! We were able to wake up without an alarm (heaven), and enjoyed some warm blue/strawberry muffins for breakfast. My sweet husband is a creature of routine and partly trying to prepare for a conference in Atlanta next week, so he went in to work for a bit. Asher and I got a head start on our grocery shopping for the week as well as some little firecrackers we could do with him. He has become more and more a helper at the store... meaning, he no longer wants to ride in the cart, but walk beside me and help me get things and throw them in. He was making me laugh, as well as the bystanders that could witness this little sidekick!
Came home to see that Rich was there and made a sandwich for us all. Nap time was a usual struggle, but after a week's worth of not sleeping I REALLY needed a little wink. I laid down with Asher and fought with him for about 45minutes until he and I eventually fell asleep. 30 minutes later it was time to get up. It seemed to be just what I needed, but transformed this little helper into a dark circled hellion that didn't want to do anything but swim and whine.
We decorated our cake that I baked prior to laying down and headed to my Mom's where we were gonna eat some BBQ and swim. We fully gluttoned ourselves with ribs, watermelon, pasta salad, mango salsa, and grilled pineapple. It was G-ood!
We then went to look at a house between dinner and swimming (you know the rule!). We have had our house for sale off and on the market for 2 years. Just in the last 2 months we have had some prospect that we might actually get to move! So we have been working with my Mom and she has been finding us some homes to look at. This one we really liked. It would need some work just to make it ours, but totally do-able and not necessary to live. We could do it little by little. We are still looking... praying for something to happen positive with ours. Then the real fun can begin.
We went back to Mom's and swam for about 2 hours. Asher started out this summer clinging to me like a wet cat, but has got more and more brave with each time. He was going under and floating on his back all on his own this time.  I was so proud.
We set off a few little dinky fireworks- smoke bombs, can of worms, and chickens. They sure weren't as fun as when I was a kid. Hopefully they were in Asher's eyes. We did some sparklers too... It made me nervous knowing how many finger tips I burned with those things, but Asher did great!
Going home we saw a bunch of big boomers and Asher yelled at them like I do! I'm 27 years old and fireworks still make me go Ahhhhh!!! Ohhhhhhh!!!
There was even some going off on our street! We waited outside to watch them, but they were a little too close for comfort and Asher wanted to watch from the window. They were too loud for his little ears.
  It was now bedtime when there were still booms all around. We did our normal routine and I laid with him for a bit making him feel a little more secure with all the commotion going on around. Just as I kiss him good-night, we hear the rain. In the words of Asher, "God... You're a Rockstar!"
We were able to go to sleep quick with no big boomers to disturb our precious sleepy-time!

I hope all of you had a great Independence Day!
I thank those that give sacrificially so we can celebrate this precious gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment