Friday, July 22, 2011

To nap or not to nap....

The good ol' days
  
Let's preface this by saying that my sweet and darling son has never been a good sleeper.
Now that he is older and can sleep in his own bed for the night, he still refuses to take a nap.
In fact, knowing that we would be out late last night, I laid him down to take a little "rest" (NAP!). He laid in there for almost an hour and a half  talking, playing with his hands, asking to go potty, asking when he got to wake up... and so on. He never fell asleep.
So... I was wondering... when did your kids start weeding out their afternoon nap?
I'm afraid mine is already gone, and I'm mourning that time to do what I want to do:(

1 comment:

  1. When my oldest hit about 2-1/2, she stopped sleeping in the afternoon. What I introduced her to instead is "quiet time." She gets to go to an area (her room or toy room) by herself, and then quietly play with toys/read books/watch a movie for about 2 hours. It was a fight the first couple weeks, and we still have off days, but mostly I still get my quiet time. =D

    ReplyDelete