Saturday, October 9, 2010

Christmas Crazy...

Rich and I are funny. Our date nights usually consist of this: dinner, and walking around places looking at things to buy for Asher and or Christmas, and sometimes for Asher for Christmas! We BOTH have such a love of Christmas time. We love the goodies we bake, the time spent with our family, and just the overall warmth of the season. I know that it has become just a money making scheme now a days, but we still love decorating and making the house over with the smells, sounds, and looks of Christmas. As we look back n our childhood, those were some of the most precious times that we can remember. It wasn't even about all the presents and gifts you received... it was how our homes FELT. They were warm, they smelled of cookies, and for us there seemed to be more feel of the family unit than there was at any other time of the year.
We mosey through the stores and look at the decor, the lights, the candles, the ornaments. We always differ on our "likes". I like the more classic, vintage looks where he likes the more modern, cartoony, brightly colored things. We can usually find something to suit us both---  and have an attic full of these!
But there has been one thing that we have been dreaming about since last year....
A Tree.
The most beautiful Christmas tree I had ever seen. It was after Christmas and we were in Martins Floral buying some wreaths and things to make for this year and we saw it.
It was 9 feet tall, had "snow" hanging on the branches and had brightly colored lights in green, blue, orange, and red.
It was like a light from heaven shone down upon it because it made Rich and I both stop dead in our tracks. We looked at each other and both of our mouths were hanging open.
We went up and looked at it and just almost cried because it was the epitome of Christmas in our minds!
Then, we looked at the price tag.....
Disappointment soon took over.
We left with our heads hanging low, but vowed that one day we will have that tree!
And one day we will!
By the way, have I said I can't wait until Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment