Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bara.

Yesterday, Rich and I took some taco soup over to his Grandparents house for supper while he mowed their lawn. We always love going to "Papa 'n' Nana's" (as Asher calls it) it's always so warm and loving there. Papa is usually outside doing something (though recently he's a little slower due to some health problems) in the garden or shop. Asher loves to go and "help". He does most things anyone asks him to help with, especially Papa.
 Asher is an outside boy. Anything is better outside to him. In fact, there are days that we will go outside and play "our game" that consists of throwing acorns at the tree and trying to hit the knots on the trunk. The higher you go the more points they are worth. He just loves the freedom to run and be a boy.  And I like that! On these beautiful days I would much rather be outside too!
Papa had asked him to help dig up some onions that he had planted and put them in the bucket to take to the shop and wash. Of course, Asher picked each one up as gently as a 2 year old would and put them in the bucket. He watched Papa dig all the bulbs up and would count as each would emerge from the dirt. He and Papa love to count things. As they were working, a stray cat came over to visit and get some petting from us. It was just the cutest thing to watch Asher chase that cat all over the back yard. Watching him made me want a farm. Not a huge one but one where we could have some dogs, cats and maybe some chickens and goats. I can picture him having such fun taking care of the animals. I am an animal person, as most of you know. When I was little if there was ever a time that I could not be found, more than likely I was out back with the dogs. Time with Nana and Papa is so precious to us. My Gparents have all gone and I never knew my Great Gparents. As we left, Rich said how glad he was that Asher has some great memories with them.
As I was reading my Bible study... hahaha... you knew this was coming.  It was about how God created.
Last night I had remembered thinking how thankful I was for the weather, the cat, the plants and flowers, and for my family. All these are creations by the one who is enthroned above the circle of  the earth.
The word  Bara (Ba-raw) is the Greek for create. The meaning says " to be made by God".
Since this word "created" was first mentioned in the creation of man  it seems it's referring to the spiritual creation that God made in humans. He created us in His own image.... meaning he made our emotions and spirit like His. When you think about this, this is our true self.... our physical bodies are only a shell. Our soul is our image of God.
Not only did he create the flowers, cats, weather for us to enjoy but he made the relationships that bless our lives. I grow homesick for the day when we live as we were created for. Completely un-distracted, in pure worship and fellowship with Him. That's gonna be glorious. For now, I step back and give thanks for all these little peeks into what that life will be like.... watching children play and sing with Jesus, gardens beyond beautiful for us to enjoy, and surrounded by those that we love most of all together in corporate worship of our Savior and Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment