Maybe it's the weather.....
I want to be back in bed snuggling with my 2 favorite boys.
Instead, I am here at work with not a whole lot to do..... which makes it even WORSE!
We had a great first day of Daddy's vacation yesterday. I had a eye doctor appointment, so we got up early and picked up the house and went to the mall. Asher must have known that Rich was home on a day that he should have been at work, cause he could not get enough of his Dad. He was SOOO excited to get to play cars and trains with him, that Rich had a hard time taking a shower without Asher at the door wanting him to come out and play. He waited, trains in hand, at the bathroom door for his Daddy. We had some errands to run, such as picking out a 1st birthday party gift for our twin cousins. Asher was good enough that Daddy bought him a new train too. Rich told me the funniest story about walking the mall while I was at my eye appointment.
There are few things that Asher loves more than seeing the helicopters flying, and visiting Build a Bear at the mall. He loves the mechanical bear outside BAB, and has named him "Thimble". Which, if you ask me, is a great name for him since he has a "thimble" for a hat.... Anyways, Rich was walking towards it and Asher calls out, " I'm coming Thimble!, I'm coming to see you Thimble"...... Needless to say, there were many looks and laughs by passerby-ers. Of course he went in and wanted something... he liked the candy corn bear for Halloween and, of course, the Pujols jersey for his bear at home.They also got an Orange Julius--- which is equally hilarious hearing Asher try to say it! He insisted on ordering himself.... and the employee there thought it was so cute.
Rich said that Asher was very sweet and would take a drink and then offer some to him to share with Daddy. He also told them "Thank You" after they gave it to him, un-prompted in fact!
I was so proud to hear that he was a sweet boy. I know he is already. May just have to go back and get him that candy corn bear!
I'm looking forward to more memory making the next 2 weeks while Rich is off of work.
Too bad I'm not!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment