Thursday, March 24, 2011

My must have's for Spring

I love Spring...
I have always loved Spring.
Everything is fresh... air, flowers, smells, fashion.
Whites and pretty bold colors are invigorating!
So here's my "must have" list for me coming into this season of renewal:

#1 and this is NOT limited to spring but to every season...
EOS lemon drop scented lip balm.... I got it at Walgreens but I have seen it at Walmart too. I am in love with lemons... everything about them! The scent doesn't last as long, but it's only $3, I can live with that!
#2 This tablecloth that I'm getting from my Mom, I am planning on setting a bowl of lemons on it! It just looks like Spring! It will brighten up my kitchen so much. (If it can stay clean on Asher's side)

#3 My mom and I had a lot of fun going flea marketing the other day and I saw some jars like this and FELL IN LOVE! I can see my spaghetti, or rice, or a fresh bouquet of flowers in them. I love the lids and the tealish color! Little did I know my Mom had some that were my Grandmother's EVEN BETTER!
#4 I have given up soda pop indefinitely... and truly I didn't really drink THAT much to begin with but it makes me sick, so being the southerner I am... I have something to satisfy my taste buds in place of it:
Sweet Leaf Teas. I have had the Lemonade Tea, and I think it's the best tea I have ever HAD! Of course, it doesn't help that I am obsessed with all things lemon, but it's the right amount of lemon /sugar/ tea to still be refreshing!! I love that it is organic and made with real things. I even let Asher drink it:) (A little bit)
I get mine at Price Cutter in the organic aisle.
#5 Victoria's Secret Chiffon Body Mist. It smells just like fresh cut lilies and lilacs! It is SOO springy and sweet. I have had numerous comments on how good I smell. Much less it only cost me $6, though I bought it after Christmas Sale... next year I will buy a whole lot more! Guess what everyone will be getting for their birthday?
#6 Swiffer Dusters. I don't know if you have discovered Swiffers, but they are an absolute MUST! I bought them a while back and then went for a time just dusting with a cloth diaper and oil. I gotta say, I LOVE the convenience of them and they really do a much better job than my cloth and spray. Much less I feel better not spraying cleaning products in the air for us to breathe. Yes, they don't leave a good smell like my orange pledge, but it's worth the trade. Also, I can get my son to help me! They are a bit expensive but I use mine more than once and I look for coupons. You can usually find some every 3 weeks.
#7  Mrs.Meyers Cleaning Concentrate. Oh... I just ADORE this stuff... so much so that just about every time I go to Walmart I have to smell the scents I don't have. I was turned onto this by a friend of mine. I went to their house and it smelled so clean and a bit like baby wash. I asked her what it was and she showed me this! I bought some the very next week. I threw out every cleaning product I own other than toilet bowl and glas cleaner and I'm hooked. I bough the Basil scent like she had, but they also have Lemon :)) and Lavender and they both smell DIVINE!!!! It is a little more expensive to buy at first, but considering how much you use each time it will wind up being MUCH less than you spend on regular products. It's ALSO all natural which I LOVE!

# 8 Shabby Apple Boutique. While it is out of my price range for most days, I will definitely be saving up some fun money to buy a dress or 2.... I LOVE the South Pacific Line and LOVE this blue Sacred Falls dress!And of course for my lemon theme I love this Soliel dress, that so happens to be on sale!
#9 Tweet Baby Designs. I saw this website from another blog that I stalk; http://raechelmyers.blogspot.com/.  I want to figure out how to make the chomping bracelets and necklaces. So unique, practical, and gorgeous! Watermelon,Creamsicle, and Lemongrass.







(http://www.etsy.com/shop/tweetbabydesigns?ref=pr_shop_more)



#10 Stella Bella Boutique.(http://www.etsy.com/shop/stellabellaboutique) Awesome, feminine jewelry and fairly reasonable prices! I love it ALL, but here's some of my favorites:


Alright folks that's my list. Thanks for letting me girl out on you today!



  Emily




1 comment:

  1. I love Shabby Apple! I've half convinced myself to spend the money on a new dress there.

    ReplyDelete