Every year around this time I always get reminiscent of a new year at school, new shoes that I would get in trouble AT LEAST twice for wearing too early, a few new clothes and SCHOOL SUPPLIES. Maybe it's my inner organizing freak coming out, but there is nothing like fresh, new, undamaged, unused pencils. What a joy it was for me to open a new box of crayons and see all of them still fresh and sharpened from the factory. Then there was your desk at school.... it was clean, organized, paperless, and uncluttered. You know as well as I what your desk looked like when you had to clean it out at the end of the year.... you would always find something that you hadn't seen since the first week of school, or a lost piece of homework that you lost while cramming in all of the books. I get a thrill out of organization. However, over the years I have become less and less. It's not that I don't enjoy being organized...cause I DO, I just have lost my motivation along the way.( This is why you will never see my closet)
What is more exciting than your first day at school? If you were like me as a kid....practically an only child, raised by a single working mom, I was pretty doggone bored during the summers. Well, at least come August. Camps were over, too hot to play outside all day, pretty much watched every Saved By the Bell episode there was ever made..... there was just simply nothing left to do! I looked forward to walking in the new classroom ready to begin the year. New friends, new start!
I loved school.....I love school. I still love getting to learn new things. But, unfortunately, as a part of getting older you have responsibility, work, chores, kids that kinda take up most of the days worth of learning. I definitely didn't know how great I had it then..... to only have to worry about what outfit I was going to wear the first day... Sheesh! Growing older comes great and wonderful things, but sometimes it's nice to tap into your inner child and long to smell a fresh bouquet of pencils again!
Happy School Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that, fresh bouquet of pencils. Sometimes I miss going to school and hanging out with friends, but of course I don't miss the homework. lol
ReplyDeleteI stole it from "You've Got Mail".
ReplyDeleteNice...I haven't seen that show in a long time.
ReplyDelete