Friday, September 3, 2010

It's been forever

It's almost been a month since I was last blogging... I guess I just have not been inspired lately. And thus the cycle of blogging, huh?  It may be that things can inspire me but I don't have the motivation to put those into words. This is my tired, sleep-deprived pessimistic mind today.  Been through a bout of sleeplessness lately. Asher is getting good at taking 2 hours to go to sleep and waking 10 times a night. I am not sure why, either. He will go to sleep only to wake up and flop and toss and then get mad because he can't go back to sleep. Last night I was beginning to wonder if he had restless leg syndrome!!!  This is equally as hard on me, as I get up each time he does. I remember waking up and being up for a WHILE, when I just start bawling. Asher looked at me and asked, "Mama, are you sad?" My answer was "Yes, sweetheart. Mama is sad cause I'm sleepy and your sleepy and we can't go to sleep."  He then looked at me and wiped my tears from my eyes---- which undoubtedly was a gift from God, because It made me stop and focus on him. No matter how tired we were, he was my baby boy and how special he was for feeling "sorry" for Mama. I am thankful for his already caring and compassionate heart.  This is one of the most important things I want to instill in my children. Far too many people in this world are so focused on themselves and what they want and need. I want my family to always think of what others needs are and how to show compassion. To me, there is no better way to show the love that Jesus has for them. Love should compel us!
After talking with his Pediatrician's office I have planned to take him in today to check him out physiologically. It may just be a phase.... it may be an ear infection, one can never tell. I just know that we are BOTH  in need  of some serious REM cycles and SOOON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment