I have been obsessing about SIN lately.What it is, How it started, What is our proper reaction to it?.... I have just a few thoughts on this in the modern world. Let me preface this by saying.... this blog is for my own forum...NO ONE ELSE"S. So having said that, this is not a place for people to be ugly, use foul language, or try to attack me or any of my followers. If you do--- well, let's just say, you won't anymore! I appreciate comments and responses that are legit, and objective.
Ok...back to the topic at hand. SIN.
I sometimes have to meditate on the meaning and origin. Not ever a fun thing to do since it brings up all kinds of guilt and anguish, just for being the cause of the fall. Humans. But on some levels, I think that this is a healthy thing to do. I think we give ourselves WAY too much credit. Most of us, when it comes down to the nitty gritty, think we really are a good person. We have never stolen, murdered, cheated on our spouse.... And really by way of the world's standards we are! But my standards are a litter " higher up".
I was sitting in church and preacher was talking about our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives in us! He goes where we go, sees what we see, does what we do. Think about that?
Imagine this... You are a teen again...(couldn't pay me enough) and you have to drag your mom or dad around on your back doing everything with you. They see the people your with..(uh oh), they are doing what you are doing..(oh my), saying what you are saying.. ( ahhhhhh)!!! This is just the same as Christians filled with the Holy Spirit!
Think about the anguish and sadness we are subjecting the Holy Spirit to when we think it's ok to yell at someone out of anger or watch a filthy movie. That stings a bit.
Then I got to thinking about all that we ignore about sin. And ALL of us do. We ignore the little snide remarks to our husbands on the way to church after a fight, we ignore when we are given more change and keep it-Their mistake. But ya know who doesn't ignore it? Yep. That makes you feel really good, huh?
And the worst part of it ALL? Christians are the people who KNOW BETTER! For goodness sake, we have the HOLY SPIRIT LIVING INSIDE OF US!!!!!!!! We are the ones who have the calling of what is sin, and we choose everyday to ignore it. Do we think it's just gonna go away? Precious children of God, we know it doesn't go away. We have to answer for all of it someday. Not only that, but in front of the Creator, Almighty Father, Everlasting One, Savior, God!!!!!!!!
Here is the good part though..... we do have to answer for it, but it is not held against us!!!!!! Whew! Jesus loves the sad, dark, screwed up, human race that he was tortured, abandoned, CRUCIFIED for us ALL!!!!
And you know he became sin. HE BECAME SIN! This is incredible to me...in such a new way. Meditate on this thought. Wow.
Here's the even better part.... Sin can't hold him down. He raised again to show us that he has, did, and will forever WIN!....... We have won.
My chains are gone I've been set free .... My God my Savior has ransomed me! I will live forever in heaven with my Love. The one who bought me with his blood and I will never have sin, guilt, shame, embarrassment, torture, ridicule, sadness again. That is SWEET.
While we have our time here, let's remember we are the light of the world. There are only so many chances and opportunities to show others the love and compassion Christ has for them. Remember when you are about to give in to anger or temptation that your eyes, mouth, hands, feet, and mind are the Holy Spirit's as well. We really do deserve the cross ourselves.
Emily this is so well written your should be in the pulpit it has really made me think just sitting here and reading your words. And now I will go dry my clothes at the laundry matt and think about my life and how I live it. Thanks for a thought for the day.Love in Christ Carol
ReplyDeleteWow! How awesome it is to know that I can be forgiven of every sin that I have done, knowingly and unknowingly. Love this Em!
ReplyDelete