Friday, August 13, 2010

Sacrifice

So.....I started out the day feeling guilty as a Mama that I had to leave Asher today. He is going into a phase of separation anxiety. He cries each time I leave him, no matter who it is. Not just fake cries, real tear producing sobs. Makes me feel like crap with a capital C. I was feeling sorry for myself about it, then I watched a video on facebook that made me sob.... ( If you want to watch it I shared it on my profile....but be aware!)
Here I am feeling bad that I had to leave my son for 8 hours and then I would go get him later on and all would be right with the world again. I see these soldiers who risk their lives and their families lives to go to a hostile place and fight for our freedoms. Wow. I think my sacrifice is big?  I can imagine feeling how I feel today times 100...each and every day you aren't with them. And they do that for me.... They do it for YOU.
Then, of course, that sprouted me thinking about Jesus. I know how hard it is to believe that God loves you more than your parents do, but He does. I know it's hard to think that God loves your kids more than you, but He does! Imagine having the capacity to be the very definition of love. He sent himself to walk the earth and glorify God, serve others, LOVE like none had ever known before. Voluntarily!
Then to pay the ultimate sacrifice for you and me.....and die. Not just die....beaten, torn, broken down, mocked, nailed to a cross, tortured, ----everything done to Him that you couldn't and wouldn't want to think about your kids going through.Voluntarily!! Now that is sacrifice.
I am so thankful for those that are and have served for this country. You absolutely AMAZE me!!!!!! I can't imagine being away from my family for the time that you devote to serve. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Know that you are being prayed for each and every day.
And I am so thankful that my God loves me enough to devote His time everyday, His sacrifice everyday, His blessings everyday. I know that I do not deserve the abundant life He promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment