Now that I am feeling back to normal, It has been so wonderful. It's almost as if I was asleep and just woke up. I know that the majority was simply surviving and doing the very minimum of anything... but Rich even confessed that I was NOT myself.
This weekend was so nice. Technically, it started on Thursday when Rich said that we needed to get outta town! I was completely needing it, and so off we went on a whim, to Branson. We were gonna do a little shopping and buy a few new fall candles with my Yankee coupon and then eat and play some mini golf.
We first stopped at the Landing and walked around for a little bit... we stopped and played on the kids play area and then ate at Joe's Crab Shack. Asher L.O.V.E.D. the fish and sharks hanging all over. He spent more time looking at things than even eating his "crab"... aka popcorn shrimp. ( Is it bad to lie to your child like that?... I just knew he wasn't going to like crab, but he demanded that's what he wanted.)
After eating.. we went to Yankee and stocked up on our spicy fall candles. On another note.. isn't funny how even though your house can be a disaster, if you have a really nice scented candle going... it seems fine?
Anyways.... we ended our evening at a mini-golf place that takes you through the steps of becoming a movie star. While it was very catchy and an experience... it was seriously almost 30 bucks for all 3 of us to play!!!! That is 6 times what we normally pay for Fun Acre! I had to breathe through it and realize that we are here for fun and making memories....We finished up at Freddy's for some ice cream and a quick walk through Target. We all had a great time!
This weather we are having is out of this world! Seeing as it has been so blistering HOT this summer, we had many things on our summer to do list that couldn't get done because of it. We were able to spend lots of time outside and enjoy this gorgeousness that is 70 degrees!!!
We took a nature walk on Labor Day and walked about 2 miles.. all 3 of us!! Asher made it the whole way with NO complaining or asking to be held. He is an outside boy and he loves to run and find rocks and sticks and bugs. We saw caterpillars, wooly worms, snakes (copperheads I might add!), deer (that jumped directly in front of us!), turkeys, birds, and squirrels. We threw rocks in the lake and looked for minnows... just overall a peaceful and wonderful time together!
Our Labor day ended with a family dinner with all of Rich's mom's family... and boy do we ladies have fun! Rich's sister Kimmie and I are both pregnant and are about 7 weeks apart. They all agree that they think Kimmie is having a boy and I am having a girl. We were talking about all the wives tales that can determine the gender and I was talking about one I heard of where you pee on some baking soda and if it fizzes it's a boy and if it doesn't it's a girl... so of course, they got out the baking soda and told us to get to it!
Fizz on both accounts... so you just never know!
We love to visit and the kids gets to play and we always have great food.
I'm so blessed to have such a great family.
I leave you with a picture from Branson night and I'll post a few of nature center a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment