I was on facebook this morning, as I usually start my workday.
I could not help but see person after person with needs.
Specifically... my friend, Karla who will be having an exploratory surgery to see if her cancer has spread anywhere else. She is a fighter and a great woman of God who has many praying and thinking of her.
My aunt Julie's grandmother is in the ICU with congestive heart failure.
There are many sick or coming out of surgeries that I have read.
I am burdened by all these things that happen on earth to make life hard to live sometimes.
It makes me thankful for my health... my family, who is my support system, and most of all for my faithfulness in my God. Without the comfort of knowing that He is beside me, I don't have any hope at all.
... I was completely humbled. He convicted me about being the best parent I can be to Asher, on behalf of Him. I realized that especially through this trying time of "threes" I need to rely on him more for patience, guidance and knowledge.
And again... I would fail miserably without knowing Him.
I seem to think that I can solely be responsible for teaching Asher how to act and behave. But when the going gets really rough... my faulty human nature who is quick to anger and impatient really has a hard time being quiet and fair. That's when I need Him most.
To quiet the angry, controlling, and selfish nature... into the forgiving, merciful and wise.
To each situation.. whether you have financial issues, parenting trials, sickness, loss of a loved one... you name it, every situation, you need the strength, forgiveness, love, and hope that can only come from above.
Emily, Asher is a lucky kid! No one is perfect all the time, but it's inspiring to see you look at taking care of him as such an important God-given job, and that you try not to take your frustrations out on him. You are definitely in my thoughts through this move and your pregnancy!
ReplyDelete