Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Summer To DO:

We copied a tradition from this awesome rainbow lovin Mama.

http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/2011/06/the-summer-list.html

Thought this was prefect as a daily reminder to have some fun this summer!
As a goal for our family to experience special things that only warm, sunny days can provide!
So I took it a step further and decided to make one just for myself....
 So here's my Summer to do:

* Get somewhat of a tan  * Give myself weekly or every other week pedicures (complete with foot soak and lotion) * Embrace my freckles... and not worry about going in public this way. ( If I have a little tan, I usually don't end up wearing much makeup anyways!)
* Wear more dresses     * Don't worry about how I look in a swimsuit ( oh how this is easier said than done!)    * Make lots of watermelon lemonade!   * Give myself more quiet time with my Lord    * Camping date night     
* Become much more loosy goosy.... don't worry about my house being perfect. We will spend more time outside anyways.       * Don't kill my flowers          * Sew more... there's so many projects that I want to try, but need to finally allow myself to do them!  And as a side goal to make this possible is to watch less tv.... until Madmen comes on. 

I hope that, even if you don't have a planned vacation with your family, that you can take time to do those things that make you feel the best and most happy. Make time for them... it's worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! Don't kill my flowers is always one of my resolutions. Unfortunately I have yet to be able to keep it. I gave up and started buying cacti. :)

    ReplyDelete