Oh the stress of those first nights.... the memories came flooding back.
This poor girl had a baby who wouldn't breastfeed very well and was getting dehydrated because he couldn't take the bottle well either.
And, of course, she was an emotional basket case.... darn. those. hormones.
I felt for her... they woke up every 45 minutes that night to a screaming little newborn.
I had been there.... I knew what she was going through.
I had those constant tears and frustrations of not being able to understand yet what they need. And the thoughts of being a bad mother for letting him get dehydrated just made me so sad for her.
I could hardly handle it at 24.... here she was doing it at 16. Man....
I could tell that she was going to be a great mother. She was genuinely concerned for her little one and worried all night about if he was ok.
I can imagine it is very hard for her... life will never be the same.
I had to pray for her and the struggles that will come... but later on when the hormones settle, there will be so much blessing in store!
Isn't it funny how heart-wrenching that show can be? I know the shows on MTV are trashy, but 16 and Pregnant has actually been good for me. I'm definitely nervous about all the changes in store, but I watch these girls who are nearly half my age (that alone is insane!) making it work and it gives me hope. If they can do it, surely I can! Ha! :)
ReplyDelete