Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No one Smiled.--

Sinful man I know.... we can't deny that our inner selfish, attention seeking flesh makes our decisions.
Life can just really suck sometimes.
Circumstances in our life can make living unbearable sometimes.
I am sad for this world.

People in this day are hurting....
I was at Walmart, where I know most good moods leave us, but while I was shopping I noticed people.
They were angry.. shut off, empty almost.
No one smiled at me other than a couple of people who accidentally almost bumped into me. Trust me I was ready to smile at them!
I just got to thinking what on earth is making people so hollow?
No one wants to be talked to, or talk to anyone else. They want to do their shopping and go home. No problems.
And yet what do we do?... we ignore the lives of those hurting around us so we don't.............. what?
Help me on this....
Why do we strictly choose not to think anyone matters other than us?

1 comment:

  1. It's not convenient for us to get to know others or to think about their needs. It takes up our time to listen and help...and they just might ask us to help. And then what would we do? Plus, they might want to get to know us and then we'd have to tell them about ourselves and our lives. Then, they would know our secrets, etc. and might judge us or tell others. Sad but true. I have noticed this, Emily, ever since I went through such a mess over 2 years ago and was in a lot of pain. I started looking @ people and realizing they were hurting too and that they all had their own story. I notice them everyday now. Jesus should be enough but even those of us who have him still struggle daily w/being completely fed only by him! It is a servant who leads....Jesus was the best example. May we all strive to be servants and serve all those created by our God.

    ReplyDelete