Oh Folks....
I was locked out of my house today because our Garage Pad is always finicky in the cold weather as well as probably having dead batteries. So, I decided to go to Walgreens and get some lunch. On my way in, I see a man who is about 60-70 years old and wearing shorts, with a winter coat and stocking cap. Not a really nice coat, looks pretty old and dirty. I think to myself "Sir, you have got to be kidding me? Shorts when it's 32 degrees!" So I go in and pick out my lunch and keep getting in the same area as he was. The more I was around him and thought about it the more I felt like I needed to ask him if he HAD a pair of pants to wear. So I put it off and put it off -- thinking I was going to embarrass him and me, until I had got into my car and he was coming out of the store. I really did have to ask him or else I would be worrying about it and thinking about it for a while. He made his way to his car which was not the nicest ( bungee chord holding something on... paint kinda rusty) and so I followed him. I parked my car right next to his and got out. I helped him with his bags and said to him in my very hoarse, almost non-existent- from the cold- voice, "Sir, I just have to ask you if you have some pants to wear on a cold day like this?" His response: "Yes maam, I have lots of pants. I just have a problem with peeing a lot and I have to be ready when it's time to go!" I said, "Alright sir thats great, I just could not bear to think that you didn't have any to wear, cause if you didn't we were gonna go buy you some!!!!"
Glad it was just that.... I guess I get an "E" for "Effort" right?
Boy, I bet the Lord is laughing at that one!

No comments:
Post a Comment