This week has been a random and crazy week. Our schedule is quirky and thankfully temporary! I have been gone every single night of this week and going to FINALLY settle down and do some cooking for my family tonight. I count this as a privilege to be able to cook and meal for them. Not to mention how much I like to.
I am also coming to terms with being gone from Asher so much this week.... I feel so out of sorts when he's not with me. I think that this feeling goes with being a mother. You have a sense of peace when all your cubs are tucked away and safe in the cave with you. I miss him so much when I am away from him... I miss talking to him, playing with him, hugging and kissing him. I will be looking forward to normal routines coming soon!
I reflected on the distance between another child/ Parent relationship. I imagine that God feels this way when we are apart from Him. He longs for the days when we have regular fellowship with Him. While I don't feel like God has the capacity to feel incomplete, He does want us to realize how much we miss and long for Him. I imagine that He "feels" the same way I do when I get home to find my precious boy's smile and arms open wide ready for his mama to hug and kiss him again. There's nothing better than to see how happy your baby is to see YOU!
On another note, I am so ready for FALL. It is my very favorite season. The smell, the coziness of my favorite sweatshirt and socks, and all the holidays that come after. It primes me for the months ahead with family and time making goodies. It doesn't last near long enough though.... before you know it, it's COLD! I like winter as much as I like the hot summer months.... which is not at all. I love the in-betweens.... warm days and cold nights.
This post is a little helter skelter... stream of consciousness. Sorry for the random thoughts here and there. However, it rightly portrays my state of mind this week!
Here's to acorns and apple cider! :)

Hey Emily! I had no idea you had a blog. You now have a new loyal reader. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your sweet comment. I love hearing that kind of encouragement from moms who have walked the road before me. And I love what you said in your blog, comparing how you miss Asher to how God must feel when he wants to spend time with us. I've heard many people say they never fully grasped God's love for them until they became parents. I really do look forward to experiencing that.
And Amen on fall!