Tuesday, January 10, 2012

30 weeks...

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by! I remember feeling pregnant forever when I was with Asher. Maybe it's because I have a few more distractions this time around.
Other than sleeping, I am feeling pretty great. It's a task to find a comfortable position... even with pillows surrounding every corner of this body. When I do fall asleep, I'm usually up within a couple hours to go use the bathroom anyway. I know... my body is prepping me for lack of sleep again.
That is one thing about new motherhood that just about kills me. I need sleep. I turn into this emotional, zombiefied, crankmonster that can hardly function. So, I have been praying that little Owen needs his sleep too, more so than his older brother.
I am very excited to see his little personality and what he will look like. Asher does not resemble Rich or I, so this will be interesting to see if Owen will. I imagine him to have dark hair, for some reason. Will he love cars as much as Asher, or will he be more of the artistic one who likes to draw? Only God knows, but whatever his likes or interests I know they have been placed in him to do something great for God's glory.
I do ask for a prayer request... Rich's cousin had their 4th little boy last night and he is in the NICU for possible brain damage. His umbilical cord somehow was compressed, slowing blow flow and after being born he has had a few seizures. They are cooling his brain and after 72 hours of this they will do some more tests and reassess.
It makes you realize how precious life is and who is truly in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment