Friday, May 6, 2011

Movie date

Last night, Asher and I were home alone while Rich was at a Bible Study. I had decided we would have a movie night and eat popcorn and snuggle on the couch.
We had been recommended to go to Family Video in Ozark to get free kid movies and most of their other movies are $1 for 5 nights!!!
I was more than happy when we got there and saw the selection that they had.
We decided to go with Charlotte's Web and A Fish Tale (Asher's pick).
Rich and I rented Grown Ups.
Took it all to the counter and since it was our first rental we got 50% off. Total came to $1.38. Geesh. 3 movies for 5 days...
Anyways, GO THERE to rent your movies. No more Redbox for me!!!!!
We got home and Asher and Rich played while I got dinner ready.
I knew that Asher would need a bath so we planned accordingly to get all of it done with plenty of time for movie and decent bed time.
I saw this recipe for bath paints and so thought I'd give it a try.

Foamy Bath paints
Shaving Cream (for sensitive skin...non-scented preferably)
Food coloring


I squirted the shaving cream into all 6 cups of my muffin tin and added food coloring and mixed.
Just use a paintbrush or your fingers.
Washes right off the bathtub walls w/ warm water.

We had a ball! I think we played until the water was cold!
I'll post pics of it when I get home!


He got our blankets ready and got all snuggled on the couch, while I popped the popcorn.
We ate and watched and laughed and sang. I'm hopeful that he had as much fun as I did:)
I was expecting the worst, but A Fish Tale was a pretty good B movie. Asher got upset when a little girl has to say goodbye to her seahorse friend and he was very sad for her. He buried his head in my neck and kept saying "Aww" for her. He's such a sweet and tender heart. It was pretty old, since the DVD kept skipping, but that's ok... have I mentioned it was FREE? 
After toothbrush and toilet time, we always read our books. 2 for him and I read a letter from His Mighty Warrior. Actually he likes them so much I usually read at least 2. He loves to repeat the scripture on each one. Our letter was about using kind words that help people, not words that hurt people. I asked Asher what are hurtful words and he listed off all the words that he has got into trouble for saying... " Oh my Gosh, Bite me, Darn, Hate,.... " ( isn't it funny how they take every opportunity to tell you which ones are not nice,  taking advantage of saying them without getting into trouble) Then I asked him which are nice words and he says, "love, and God's scripture."  I was blown away by that last answer. I said, " Oh Asher, you are exactly right! God's Word always is the right and nicest words to say."  He smiled really big. He likes to make his Mama proud.
Normally, I stay and cuddle for a few minutes after lights are out, but because we have a 5 month old puppy to keep entertained, I had to go back in the living room until Rich got home. I told him that when Daddy got home I would come back in and snuggle.
Rich got home about 30 minutes after lights were out, Asher had been quiet this whole time, so I thought that he was asleep. Rich walked in the door and I heard Asher stir. He was still pretty quiet, but before long, I hear..." Mama.... Daddy's home now. You can come in here!"
I mean how can I resist that?

Tonight we are going to do the same thing only with Daddy home and watching Charlotte's Web.


I love times like this with my little guy.. he's just growing up so fast. He won't even let me call him my little baby boy. He quickly reiterates that he is not a baby, but a big boy.
It's sad that I have to admit that he is.
He will always be my baby boy... shhhh... don't tell him I said that!

I am so honored to be a mother, especially to the best, most darling, sweetest, smartest, and cutest little boy I've ever met!
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment