Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baby Fever

Rich and I are, (I think), ready to have a little brother or sister for Asher.
I can't be honest and say that I'm not worried about having 2 kids....
I remember the control issues I had to sort out with Asher in the beginning, and hopefully I am now a lot more relaxed when it comes to expectations for kids, especially newborns.

I am a little worried that I will not be able to spend as much time with Asher and that since he is such a Mama's boy he will get very jealous.
It is a bit scary to relinquish some of that attention that is doted on Asher onto something else. I love the family of 3 vibe we have had for the past 3 years.
But I miss babies....
Asher just loves a little guy named Tucker at church, and asks me all the time if we can have one of him.
I miss being pregnant... somewhat. I had an incredibly easy pregnancy with Asher, never really had any sickness, but I slept horrible and was perpetually tired.
If you know much about me, you know I NEED sleep! I am not a very happy person to be around if I have not had much.
Also, going through the pain of the C-section again... is not really scary... just painful. I also had the PUP rash, since I am apparently allergic to oxytocin. I had a rash all over and it was more itchy than ANY bug bite I have ever had. I think that I would have been cut open again as to have that again... at least I could pop a Percoset for that! NOTHING helped the rash!
Overall, I know that a brother or sister is probably the best gift that we could give Asher. A lifetime of someone that knows them better than anyone. Who can relate, give advice, groan about mom and dad to.... a best friend.
My sister is 11 years older than me. I ALWAYS wanted a sister to share my room with. I was lonely as a kid without any siblings close to me.
I want that for my kids!!!
A noisy house, a busy dinner table, lots of stories to share, family games, fights.. but most importantly about the love that each one will bring to the family. They each have a place, a purpose-- a unique personality that only they can hold and add to the love of the family.
I mean looking at things like this.... how can you not fall in love all over again?







1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! I have been in your same boat for the past 2 years. I have dreamed, worried, prayed, and been excited about going from 1 to 2. Now that I am 20 weeks along and the weeks are going by SO fast I am still worried, praying, and super excited. I'm going to tell you exactly what I told Zachary. God will give us exactly what our family needs at exactly the right time. God will do the same for you. Zachary prayed for a baby (sister) for 1.5 years before I got pregnant. 2 days before we found out that Baby #2 is a boy, Zachary started begging God for a brother. God did know exactly what we needed and the time to provide this. I am adding your family to my daily prayer journal. I'm praying now that you will be blessed with Baby #2 and that everything will be perfect (C-section, rash, baby, etc). You're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete