Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm not Bohemian

Sometimes it's hard for me.....
I want to believe that I am an artsy creative type, and sometimes I do feel as though I need to create and have some sort of outlet, but can't.
I want to be a hippy and take life as each moment presents.
Nothing but flowing, long cotton dresses and staying home to paint, craft, cook, decorate, all the while taking gorgeous pictures of each.
But that's just not my reality...... I think that  closest thing I have come to has been cleaning my office yesterday.
I love to cook, I love to craft, I love to decorate.... but unfortunately I have work, no money, or much time.
So, I am starting small.......
Here's some of the things I am going to do to be more Bohemian....:)
I'm making these:
Truffle Mashed Potatoes




  


I am donning these:
And I am going to attempt to do this to the office ( now that it is clean). The shelf I mean....
I also am planning on doing at least some kind of art project per day with Asher..... I can tell he is not that into coloring and artsy things, and I don't know whether it is a boy thing or he's not gonna be that way... but never the less I want him exposed.
So here's what we are doing tonight, just in time for Valentine's Day! Thanks Summertime Studio!!!!!
So even though I'm not as Bohemian as I would like to be, I can still try to taste each day like it's made with truffle oil,  and look at the scenes of my life like a great piece of art.

1 comment:

  1. Those mashed potatoes look amazing and the bracelets are adorable. You and I have similar taste - I used that same Pottery Barn image for inspiration in my living room! Can't wait to see more of your Bohemian style (but don't beat yourself up for letting life get in the way). :)

    ReplyDelete