Friday, November 12, 2010

10 Honest things...

Taking the advice from my friend John... I figure I won't plague you with having to come up with a question to ask about me.. I'll just give you some information you probably don't care to know. So here goes...

10 HONEST things about me:
1. In order for me to go to sleep, I rub my feet together...( Beginning to wonder if I actually have RLS, but I usually stop when I finally go to sleep.)
2. I am relatively a easy going person until I hit by breaking point and then I have a bad temper....unfortunately it happens a lot more often with Asher than anyone else. Thus, I have a lot of guilt for this. I am working on it though.
3.I went through a phase of stealing when I was younger... not sure what it was brought on by..... but never stole anything from the store-- mainly from my sister or my friends. I think now I desperately wanted to be someone else... it created a mind that thought other people's things were so much better than what I ever had.
4. I struggle with worry. ( If you have read this blog before, you probably already know) I have some of the worst case scenarios go through my head--mainly dealing with Asher and what I would do in case it should happen. ( I know I'm a little nuts)
5. I really wish that I would have lived on campus in college. Had the college experience and made friends, lived the craziness of dorm life.... maybe I would have finished all in one go! My reasoning behind it was to save money as well as I worked a LOT! Right after class I would go to work.
6. I have always daydreamed of being famous. Never a really BIG dream, but always thought that it would be nice to be looked at as a movie star. ( This probably goes along with wanting to be someone else) Also I love to act, even though I'm not very good at it.
7. OK this one is hard to admit...... ahem. I once screamed  and cried at the video, "My Heart Will Go On" after seeing the movie Titanic. "NO JACK! DON"T LET GO!!!!!!!!!!....... Oh my. I'm a moron for putting that!
8. I have a small birthmark that looks like tyrannosaurus rex on my upper thigh. Rich can only appreciate this one.
9. I read people really well. Most of my intuitions have been right about people, so you're not fooling anyone here!
10. I was baptized in a creek... and I hold this so dear. Not many people now a days can say this. Just is awesome to be bathed in something that God created in the earth. Someday if I ever go to Israel, I would love to be baptized in the Jordan and would love for my husband to be the one to do it. Heard Candice Cameron tell a story about this and made my cry so hard!
There you have it guys... more information than you'd ever want to know about me.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that you wrote about the stealing phase, I did something similar for the same reasons. I hadn't thought about it much until you wrote it. I was baptized in the Finley, which is sort of odd because I didn't grow up in Ozark & I went to church in Springfield. I'm not really sure how that came about. Here is a question for you: How did you decide on the career you chose? I have been trying to figure out my future career path & am always interested in what led people to their different jobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a thief too, practically a professional. I took particular enjoyment of stealing something while I was speaking to the store associate. Pretty sick really, probably an adrenaline thing. And I was baptized in a feeding trough (there's no river along East Sunshine). I love the idea of taking the baptism outside the physical walls of the church, it seems to make it more concrete, more universal, more about God and less about "church."

    ReplyDelete