Tuesday, February 26, 2013

11 months


Some days I look at Owen and feel like he looks so big... other times he looks so little still!
It's a little  crazy to think he will be a year in a little more than 2 weeks. 

I remember thinking in the beginning how HARD  having 2 children was. Who am I fooling... it still is, but things are definitely getting easier.

We gave sleeping on our own a good run.... until his molars started coming in, AND separation anxiety.  After a few too many nights of LOTS of crying... he's back in bed with me.  I need sleep... whatever will get me there is what I must do.  I know looking back when he's older, I will NEVER feel guilty for those extra snuggles! That's what I tell myself when people like to judge.

Owen, some of my favorite things about you  have been:

 Saying "mama" and meaning it... although not when you were sleep training and reaching your hand through the crib slats while crying it.

Saying "night night" to "bub buh"

Giving sooo many kisses that may or may not be excuses to bit on someone's cheek

Elbow crawling.  Just can't seem to get those arms up, even though your back end is! It's too funny

Cruising a lot... in fact, I think that you have made a track on the insideof your crib.
You are also getting very brave and letting go a lot. Mainly to sit down... but you have your eye on getting to one thing from another.

Your. hair.  Sweet red curls in the back that are the softest and most awesome thing in this world. If ever I have a rough moment I just nestle my face in that sweet head, and all my problems disappear.  And oh.my.bedhead.  I still do this with brother too!

I'm looking forward to seeing more and more of your personality shine through.... you are typically a happy and laid back boy, BUT who's not afraid to speak your mind! I think you're a lot like this mama of yours. And I'm perfectly happy with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment