I have said this before and I will say it again... this pregnancy has flown by!
It has definitely not been as enjoyable of a pregnancy as the first... I think due, in part, that I still need the energy to take care of another child and the lack of pep and limitations physically are really in the way!
Although I am just, if not more, excited for this little dude to join us!! Since I somewhat know what to expect, I'm just ready to get it done! The fears are not NEAR what they were and more happiness and readiness have taken it's place.
I have been getting comments for about 2 months now about how much I look like I'm about to give birth. Especially now that he has dropped a bit and my stomach sticks straight out now.
Sometimes I just want to tell people how much I know how big I look and I definitely FEEL how big I am, and by the way, thanks for commenting on it! Har har....
I vow to NEVER step foot in Braums in Nixa again until after this child is born . The cashier there always bugs her eyes out at my belly and makes a huge deal over how much it pops out. Even though I know she means well... it's still really embarrassing and makes me completely self conscious when there are people standing behind me.
Overall, I feel tired. Sleep is a chore and my body is weary come the end of the day.
He's heavy. It feels as there is a rope tied around my waist and someone is constantly pulling it to the floor.
A few contractions here and there from a UTI and dehydration. Things are starting to change into labor mode. And as all mama's would contest, this is the time when you are done!
The nursery is mostly put together.. just has empty walls. I'll get to it... he is a 2nd child after all. :)
I have been pretty good with my time management... we went through all the baby clothes and washed and put them away as we moved in to the new house. I thought I should take advantage of the energy I had as well as having all the clothes out of the attic. Owen's bag is all ready for the hospital, mine... well, it will be soon.
To add to my excitement... I have a new nephew! His name is Kenson James Gaisford and he is such a sweetie! He really resembles Asher in both the way he looks and his character. Loves to be snuggled, loves to eat, and is pretty alert.
He has wonderful parents who have settled right in to this parenting thing and are doing awesome taking things slow and allowing time to get to know each other.
So... we are plugging right along.
About 4 more weeks now..... give or take. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment